My photo
A Canadian expatriate living and exploring first France now Germany, then BACK to FRANCE (!!!) with her family; former fashion designer, turned unexpected UNLIKELY NOMAD, raising two children, writing, photographing, painting, playing piano (who knew!!) and blogging - and now... full time student at ART SCHOOL!! (I MUST be crazy!!)

Sunday, October 21, 2007

I know I promised some pics

I know I have been promising some pics of our area for some time now, and here are a few.
The kids Grandparents were here last week and we took them to see this castle. It is very pretty with a wonderfully restored interior, and pretty grounds.
Here we are at the interior gate in the courtyard.
This is a lovely old windmill very near to our house, it is gorgeous and completely fabricated out of wood which has been faded to a soft silver grey by the centuries of northern German rains.
I love the shape of it with its peaked slate cap, and was surprised to see that there are many similar to this around where we live.
I always associated windmills with Holland...No?
An ok start?




5 comments:

oreneta said...

A beautiful start, thanks so much

Beth said...

A great start.
In all your pictures (prior posts as well) everything looks so lush and clean.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. I love that castle!

k said...

WOW!

Kimmie said...

;+) that is a way lovely start!

I will not be shooting any castles here, CT is not well known for our castles.

Lovely shot of the windmill...poppies are my very favorite. My dad was from Hungary and I remember visiting his family when I was a lass- we drove through fields of poppies-beautiful!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

What we have been up to...