My photo
A Canadian expatriate living and exploring first France now Germany, then BACK to FRANCE (!!!) with her family; former fashion designer, turned unexpected UNLIKELY NOMAD, raising two children, writing, photographing, painting, playing piano (who knew!!) and blogging - and now... full time student at ART SCHOOL!! (I MUST be crazy!!)

Monday, March 24, 2008

It was Fabulous...*sigh*

Just a few impressions to give you a sense of our week in Amsterdam...croissants and Dutch hot chocolate beside the flower market...um mm yum...

Stately sculpture canal side...
Dramatic skies over canals and windy blustery weather with blinding gaps of sunshine, and splashes of rain about every 20 minutes or so...but never enough to be a true bother...just enough for us to be always with our umbrellas...
Bicycles....
And even more bicycles...
Canals everywhere...simply wonderful...we fell in love with her...Lady Amsterdam that is...
Walking and exploring hand in hand...

*Hmmm*...super

Well just to get your buds ready for more...tomorrow...

2 comments:

Beth said...

Love the (sepia?) tones of the pictures. I wonder if I'll see similar scenes from Ted's time there?
Such a beautiful place.

oreneta said...

I'm going this weekend for a conference, if you have half a day....what should I see? I don't have a book or anything, though I can get one out of the library, in Spanish...

Love O

What we have been up to...